Saturday, January 30, 2010

hoy en Guatemala

today has been an interesting day! we started out with breakfast then went to class. After class we dorve through Guatemalen traffic to the downtown area of Guatmala city...we ate at a very lovely eatery. Then we went to the national palace and a museum. Despues, we played a tad bit of a game to help us explore the city. The assignment for our group was to go to one of the nearby churches to find what happend on a specific date. When we arrived at the Church we were met by a very nice man who told us all about the event that happend oct 3rd 1988...he was so excited that he invited us through a locked door in the basement of the Church. At first I was okay and thought that my 3 group members would be fine...that thought lasted until the door locked behind us. When the door locked, I got very nervous. I got even more nervous when I saw that he a bag with some object rolled into it in his hand....with this realization, I quickly turned unto my mother and imagined all the horrible things that could possibly happen to me in this room. Needless to say all ended well. Actually, we found out that that room is only opened once a year and people line up just to go in, so we were very lucky to be let in!

After our tour we went to the grocery store and I bought tons of snacks...all I can think of is eating! everywhere I go i want to eat.. so I was very excited to fill up on munchies! The fact that i'm here has yet to sink in. I walk around the city admiring the different culture, but I don't think it has really hit me yet.

Every time I post something I think of what else I meant to write...i'm sure i'll do that after I post this one! Anyway, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment