Thursday, February 18, 2010

A tad bit of everything

So I have made it through one half on the first term in language school. This accomplishment comes with a mixture of feelings...ne being, Yay that means I get to go home soon..HA. Another,extreme exhaustion. Another, frustration. Another, uncertainity. Another, satisfaction. Another, ecitement. Another, so thankful for this experience. now, how can one have all these feelings at once? I don't know. I need to work through all this with someone, but the problem is I can't. I mean I know I can, but nobody knows me well enough to know what I mean. I know I can pray, but sometimes you just need that person who knows. Oh well...I understand that I have hit the "panic" stage of adjustment...but apparently it is followed by acceptance..haha

Aside from that everything is going so well! I love our group and we're slowly/ not so slowly getting to know one another well. I am staying in a house with my roomie, Terra and two boys from Korea. The two boys are here to learn English, and speak only a little bit of Spanish, so meals are spent translating. One Korean kid will speak to Korean to the other, he will either tell us what the other one said in Spanish or english. If it's english, I have to translate that into spanish for our host family...it is sooo funny, and enjoyable.

The city that we're staying in is so pretty! you can see the volcanos from any spot in the city. I have the pleasure of doing my school on the roof where I have a view of three volcanos! It is quite a lovely thing to be a part of. I have visited this amazingly lovely hotel about 5 times now.. it is honestly the loveliest place I have seen. I went to mass there the yesterday, and it was one of the most unreal feelings ever. I would try to explain how lovely it is, but it wouldn't work, so i'll just let you imagine.

I think that is all that I feel like writing for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment